EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: "COLLEXI: A MUSICAL TIME BOMB SET TO CREATIVELY INVADE AFRICA"

The Infusion of passion into music brings to reality the crux of what a pleasant sound entails. Only few artists understands this fact, thus making the industry a mixed multitude.
Green Media Consult ™ came across this multi-dimensional music personality that expresses a creative passion towards music, and has got an impacting approach towards his adopted genre.... A musical time bomb set to creatively invade Africa.

COLLEXI TOM is an Afro-beat sensation with a classic talent that Africa will definitely feel his content. The 'Bad' crooner and anchorman of Calabar's most sizzling pool party, is up for a Chit-chat session; as he takes us through his journey to the music industry, his latest projects, inspiration behind his sound and other revealing aspect his fans yearns for.
Here's the interview:
🔎 WE KNOW YOU AIN'T A NEW COMER IN THE NIGERIA'S ENTERTAINMENT TERRAIN, BUT WE'LL LOVE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT YOU IN YOUR WORDS
"I'm Richard Tom Akpan but I prefer being called "Collexi", a stage name I adopted. I hail from Akwa Ibom state, raised by a single mum, currently into entertainment as an artist.
Obviously, i'm a multi-dimensional individual with creative abilities in song writing, acting, business management and a photo model"
🔎 YOU'VE GOT A UNIQUE APPROACH TO MUSIC, HOW CAN YOU DEFINE YOUR SOUND?
"My sound is a little bit different from the trends of music, its still Afro-beat, but I call it "Afro-life"; because every content it carries connects with reality"
🔎 TELL US ABOUT YOUR JOURNEY INTO MUSIC... HOW WAS IT?
"It was rough, but with time and experience the whole process seems fun; and am glad I never gave up". I grew up singing in choir, at a point I started singing copyright listening to music day in day out, after which I got my first single " Be What You Wan" in 2015, I love good vibes and that's what inspires me most and am always going to give my audience good sound
🔎 FOR YOU, IS MUSIC JUST A TALENT OR A PROFESSION? AND HOW FAR ARE YOU WILLING TO TAKE IT?
"At first, I thought it to be just a talent and it was always seen as talent by me, but today I can tell its indeed a profession to me. I see the professional aspect of my talent, all with a great resolve to succeed"
🔎 FROM YOUR UNIQUE CREATION OF SOUND, ITS EVIDENT THAT YOU HAVE GOT SOME INFLUENCERS AND MENTORS IN THE INDUSTRY ?
"yes I do even though am not playing the way they do or did. Late fela kuti has influenced me, the likes of late Raskimonu, Burna boy and 2face has also played that roll of mentorship to me. Its indeed a great experience"


🔎 WHAT'S THE INSPIRATION BEHIND YOUR BUZZING TRACK #Bad
"I was actually doing a freestyle when the inspiration came and I had to make it come alive, relating it to reality." The song is actually about some one whom other people tag him or her as a BAD person and then I realise that no mater how BAD a person may seem to be there are people who love or like that person the way he or she is. i featured vybz on the song because he is also one of the creative artist in the city of calabar.
🔎 YOUR BRAND HAS A TOUCH OF INTERNATIONAL QUALITY, ARE WE EXPECTING AN INTERNATIONAL FEATURE SOON ?
"For me, that indeed my target in progress. Just stay glued, and you'll be wowed by who i'll jump on a track with..."
🔎 YOU'VE GOT BUZZING SINGLES ALREADY, ARE WE EXPECTING AN ALBUM SOON FROM COLLEXI?
"Yes, in a year or two, you will sure get a compilation from me. I'm really working hard to get every platform ready, all for my fans."
🔎 ANY VISUAL YET FROM ANY OF YOUR TRENDY SINGLES?
"Not yet, but soon... But, i'm optimistic that there might just be a surprise from me in 2019. "
🔎 WHAT ARE THE CHALLENGES THUS FAR, AS AN ARTIST?
"The journey has not been so easy. the challenges has always been promoting your content and also having sponsors and supporter to help make it possible in a bit.... But, all the same, I appreciate those that have believed in my creative talent and the massive fans support thus far"
🔎 WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY WORKING ON?
Currently, am working on promoting my next track come 2019, a track I titled: 'kpom Kpom'... Thereafter, more new projects coming through"
🔎 IN THE NEXT 2 YEARS, WHERE DO WE SEE COLLEXI?
"The Grace is from God so by his Grace two years from now my songs should be on everyone's digital lib and playlist, more shows more great songs, and getting international recognition"
🔎 A FASHION STYLIST FROM www.calabarchart.blogspot.com DESCRIBED YOU IN THESE WORDS: "Collexi has a creative way of invading the music industry". THAT'S A GREAT COMPLEMENT, WHAT'S YOUR TAKE ON THAT?
"Wooow! I never expected it, and that's not far from the Truth... That's correct. I try to stay true to myself, stay creative and do good music; guess that's what is working for me..."
🔎 HOW CAN YOUR FANS REACH YOU ON SOCIAL MEDIA?
"Yeah... My fans are really supportive, and they can get through to me on Facebook and IG @collexi tom ,Twitter @itscollexi "

#SPONSOR/SUPPORTED BY SRGbaby


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AMEN BY CROWN FYNEST X ENDEETONE

M-kaze - Forever ft. Mr. Faya (Prod. by Lugi)